Padua College Mornington, Victoria

In 1898 the Sisters of Mercy opened the College of Our Lady of the Sea Boarding School for Young Ladies in Tanti Avenue, Mornington. In the following year, the Sisters established Padua House Preparatory School for Little Boys.

The name ‘Padua College’ was assumed in the 1940s, and the college soon outgrew the Tanti Avenue site, so in 1975 the Mornington Campus was founded in Oakbank Road. It was officially opened in February 1977, and continued to grow, so that in 1987 a second campus was established at Inglewood Crescent, Rosebud. In 2014, a third campus opened on Frankston-Flinders Road, Tyabb and, like Rosebud Campus, caters for students from Year 7 to Year 10.
From these small beginnings, Padua College has developed into a thriving, multi-campus Catholic community on the Mornington Peninsula.

Since the move in 1975 to Oakbank Road, the Sisters of Mercy relinquished their role as the Governing Authority and as a Regional College, the College is now owned and administered by the six Catholic Parishes of the Mornington Peninsula.

Padua College became a Catholic, co-educational secondary college situated on the Mornington Peninsula, a 1 - 1 ½ hour drive south of Melbourne. The College provides education to the children of families residing from Mt Eliza, across to Western Port and south to Portsea.

For well over a century, Padua College has consistently offered students the very best education and pastoral care, always remaining true to the Catholic ethos. Students are encouraged to reach their fullest potential.

Padua College became an Affiliated College of Mercy Education Ltd in early 2016.

 

Anthony Banks was appointed Principal of Padua College in 2016.

Oakbank Road, Mornington Victoria